Fultoos Timepass Gupshup 1 - Denim Jacket and the Striped Shirt

Fultoos Timepass Gupshup

This was at a restaurant today evening. Two young ladies were seated at a nearby table and speaking quite loudly. They were obviously not aware that people at the nearby tables were listening to their chatter and enjoying it. The two ladies must have been in their early thirties and possibly friends from their school days and were meeting up after many years. They were quite formal in their conversation, well, almost. One of them had a denim jacket while the other had a striped shirt. Their chat was quite interesting and animated.

Denim Jacket: You know, I am my parent’s only child. No son, even. Like, I did not have a brother. Did you know that?

Striped Shirt: No. I did not. I wonder how it is growing up as the only child. I had two brothers and another sister. Like, we were two sisters and two brothers. So, I had very good company while growing up at our house. It must have been very lonely for you, na?

Denim Jacket: Noooo…. That is what I am saying. It was never lonely for me. I was my parent’s only child. But I was never lonely. We had very good neighbours and I always had school and lots and lots of friends. So, I was never alone. Let’s call the waiter and ask for some Masala Dosa. It will come fast, I think.

Striped Shirt: Ok. Masala Dosa will be ok. This menu does not have Rava Dosa. I wonder why? It has been a long time since I had some good Rava Dosa. I thought we could have some cutlets and bread toast. You know, my brothers, both of them, they like Rava Dosa and Cutlets. I always enjoyed Rava Dosa. But, we can have Masala Dosa tonight.

Denim Jacket: That’s what I meant. If you have brothers, you have to always eat what they eat. There is no way that you can have Masala Dosa if they want to eat Rava Dosa. Hey, you know, your striped shirt, reminds me of our very dear Parsi teacher, who taught us in school. I think she was our Class Teacher in fourth standard. She was always properly dressed.

Striped Shirt: Yes. I remember the teacher. I wonder what she taught us. I can recollect her but I cannot remember the subjects that she taught.

Denim Jacket: Yeah. Even I cannot remember what she taught. There was that other Sir who taught us Geometry who always said that you should not get wrong answers. I remember that very well. I think we should have some ice cream after the Masala Dosa. That may be good.

Striped Shirt: I cannot have ice cream. I am not allowed. I always avoid fried stuff, sweets and all that. But ok, today for your sake. I will have some ice cream. We should remember today.

Bharat Bhushan 25 April 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment