the great Khan gives his word to the Lala


The great Khan was sitting with his friends at the caravan serai, somewhere at the crossroads of the Karakoram highway, and one of his friends asked him, "O great Khan, what is your actual age?"

The great Khan replied, "Oye Lala, I am 32 years old."

Some years later, when the group of friends met again at the caravan serai, the same friend asked again, "O great Khan, what is your age now?"

The great Khan replied, "Oya Lala, I am 32 years old."

The friend, stunned, asked, "O great Khan, some years ago you told me that you were 32 years old, and yet, after so many years, you continue to be 32?"

The great Khan, simple of living, and honest in his heart, replied, "Oye Lala, I am the great Khan. Once I give you my word, I will never change it."

No comments:

Post a Comment